Monday, January 12, 2009

The Intervention



Oh, How embarassing...

Alright, so on Friday's show it came to light that I haven't changed my bed sheets in about, oh, twelve weeks or so (give or take).

Gross? Yes, yes, I know. Truthfully, I've just never put that much thought into the matter of bedding. I'm a cocoon sleeper, the sheet spends most of it's time on the floor anyway. And usually when I finally have the idea of tossing it into the wash... well... it's bedtime. I'm sleepy.

Nevertheless, the truth was out there, and the emails started coming. Then my co-workers started to comment. It was disgusting and hilarious.

Therefor.

Frank, Meg and Carlos had to come over to my apartment and check out the scene of the crime in person.
CSI: Sunalta right thurr. This was getting intense. Suddenly my linens were stirring up an awful lot of trouble. Worse yet, the gang decided to come over right after the show! That left me very little time to tuck away any unmentionables. Less than a minute, in fact.

They came in, camera in hand and suited up with masks and gloves (really) to investigate my cozy little sanctuary, and the results were amazing.

I mean, horrifying...

Clothes strewn about, a half unpacked suitcase in the corner, pocketchange and paper on the dresser, piles of books on the bedside table, mysterious leaves resting on the carpet, and Christmas leftovers in colorful bags at the foot of the bed... oh, and the sheets.

Not. Impressed.

So they pick their jaws off the floor, give their heads a shake and leave.

Huh.

Alright, so it's not like I was completely oblivious to the fact that my sanctuary had devolved into a sty, it was just... you know... never really much of a priority. Until today.

As hysterical as the whole saga turned out to be, truthfully, it was a bit of a blow to see someone's honest reaction to a personal space that I, otherwise, felt was just fine the way it was. I still feel someone can live the way they like. Tidy, messy, it's none of my bee's wax anyway really.
But still... I just kinda felt gross.

So I spent the day cleaning.

Lots.

And the sheets are in the dryer.

And now I feel pretty good. Lesson learned, I guess.

"A man's home is his castle."

UPDATE:

Check out the awesome video Carlos made!

No comments: