Monday, September 1, 2008

SOF: End Game

Helloooo friends!

It's been a couple weeks since I've updated the soldiers of fitness situation, and that's probably for the best. Week three was rough, and I doubt I would have been able to write anything too positive, not sincerely anyway.
I was off of work that week for some "holidays", but it was time off used to sort out mountains of clutter in my life (literally, I moved this week and packrats aren't easily relocated). It was time for a purge, physically and emotionally. As I was sorting through the mounds of rubbish I've accumulated over the years, I realized how much this stuff represents some of the emotional junk I was holding on to as well. What you think about, comes about, and my mind had become a dumping ground of past experiences in days gone by.
Not good, not healthy.

Here I was sending myself to hell and back every night to do something good for my body, and all of a sudden my mental health enters into the picture, and I'm telling you, it needs just as much work as my bod.
Thankfully, clutter can be tossed away. Even better, it can be given away. Junk is treasure and there's some people out there who need a chance to strike it rich with some goodwill. Done and done and still more to do, but progress is progress!

This past week was the final one for soldiers of fitness, and you know... It was actually pretty amazing. Last night we pushed a truck up a steep hill and at the top I received my certificate of completion of basic training. I did it, I survived, I am a soldier.

Dang, what a month! How did it go by so fast? How did I make it through day after day without cracking? Maybe I DID, but maybe that just released a bit of pressure from my life. Now I have a new home in a new neighborhood with a new found appreciation for what my body can do. Now it's time for my mind to use this clean slate to start writing the new book of my life (Ian, volume 2, remember?). There's a whole lot of adventure coming up. A lot of love, a lot of tears, a lot of work, a lot of play, a lot of everthing that makes living so delicious.

But first... I need to unpack...

Second, I need to thank a few people who have been very helpful and wicked-cool lately. People enter our lives for a reason, and just having these folks around has been helpful for a number of them. Thank you!

Tricia Kindleman
Matt Fournel
Chris Cann
Jenn Zeibel
Dan Hasegawa
Adrian Kubitza
The rest of the squad from SOF
Instructor Quian
Aunt Bonita
Mom

Much love all
CHEERS!

Ian

"Everything is ok in the end, and if it's not ok, it's not the end!"
-true life - MTV

No comments: