Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Cheers to You



Today the top 16 for the Much Music VJ Search 2.0 were revealed!!!

...

... Alright, so I'm not one of 'em... but I lad can always dream...


And the dream will live on! Being a VJ is something I've wanted to do since I was 10 years old.
I also wanted a pet dinosaur named Bruce, but some dreams fade I suppose...

This one won't.

Whatever the future holds is a mystery, but here in the moment, all that exists is the dream. So it's worth holding on to. It's worth nuturing and growing. And it's definitely worth going after when the moment finally calls for it.
I went after it, and that's enough to make me feel like a winner.

Besides, I'm in Calgary talking on the radio for a living... many of my dreams have already come true!
No complaints. No regrets. And no looking back. I live a good life doing what I love to do, and that's a prize in itself.

So until the next moment comes, I owe you a thank-you.
Yes you.

It goes without saying that I wouldn't be where I am today were it not for my friends and family, but it's a fact that has never been more evident to me. Every time I set out on a new adventure I can count on your love and support. It's genuine, it's endless, and it takes my breath away. Sometimes I wonder if I even deserve it.
The beautiful thing is, even if I don't, you're there all the same. Usually with a raised glass of goodness that warms my soul. Here's one back:


A toast to you my friends and allies,

My loved ones from coast to coast.

A toast to you and all your dreams,

The ones you hold on to the most.


Cheers and much love, always.

Ian


PS- And of course, congrats to the top 16! Rock it you guys!

1 comment:

Jes said...

you were robbed.