Monday, September 28, 2009

F-Bombs Away!

Ouch.



So SNL newcomer Jenny Slate had a pretty crummy first day on the job.

I don't blame her for ditching out on the afterparty. If I were in her shoes, I'd be curled up with a bottle of wine at home with a massive plate of chicken wings, bawling my eyes out. And the inevitable meeting with Lorne Michaels Monday morning, would only be salt in the wound.

But, you know, there are three things to consider here:

1) It was her first night performing on a legendary program, I'd be shakin' in my boots a little too!

2) I don't think it helped that on her first night, they let her lead a scene with about a hundred uses of the word "frickin'... Talk about loading the gun and handing it to her.

3) She covered up pretty damn well! If you watch the rest of the bit, she doesn't flinch, not even once... although her shocked expression after dropping the bomb was pretty hysterical. Mad respect Jenny, mad respect. You carried on like a pro!

You know, I remember my first day of first grade. I just moved to Alberta and was a little confused as to what I was supposed to be doing.


All the other kids did math.


I made spirographs.



Teacher wasn't happy... she was my Lorne Michaels.

You'll get through it Jenny! I did!

No comments: